PENDER KEADY ACADEMY
12th ANNUAL FEIS
SATURDAY, JANUARY 17TH 2015
SAXE MIDDLE SCHOOL
NEW CANAAN, CT
Dear Feis Attendee’s,
This year, our feis is operating at a slight deficit as our
Auditorium has been shut down for renovations and we only found out about it 3
weeks ago! This has made the scheduling of the feis quite challenging, but we
have figured out a way to make it work!
We have made the best of the situation and still plan on running
an efficient feis, but we need to make the public aware of a few things in order
to help the day run as smoothly and stress free as possible for everyone
If you have been to our feis before, you are familiar with our
stage layout. However, all of our stages are not in their usual places this year
due to the closure of the Auditorium stage. At the bottom of this page you will
find a map of the school with the stages marked on it. It will be helpful to
take a look at this map prior to arriving so you know where you are going!
We have added a stage 7 in a location we have not used before.
It is located down the stairs at the back of the building,. Stage 7 is a single
grades stage and has a limited amount of space for spectators. For this reason,
mostly small competitions have been put on stage 7 and the schedule has been
spread out through the day to facilitate crowd control. We ask that if your
dancer is on stage 7, please do not go to the stage more than 10 minutes prior
to your scheduled start time. We will not start any competition on this stage
early. This will help us tremendously with making sure it does not get
We have opened up more hallways this year for “camping” to help
alleviate hallway crowding.
We hope everyone has a nice day at our feis. It will run longer
than usual due to our stage deficit but we will be back to normal with a brand
new auditorium again next year!
Thank you for your support and cooperation!
Barbara Blakey, Canada
Kathleen Boutin, Boston
Kerry Broderick, NY
Isabella Fogarty, Ireland
Elicia Greenway Folmar, MA
Jackie Kennedy Bohill, N. Ireland
Fiona Kidd, UK
Claire McMorrow, Ireland
Jonathon McMorrow, Ireland
Breda O'Brien, Boston
Christina Ryan, PA
RoseMarie Schade Cromie, NY
Amy Siegel Loxley, NJ
Peggy Woods, Boston
Ann Marie Acosta, NY
Karen Conway, NJ
Kevin Forde, NJ
Billy Furlong, NY
Catriona Furlong, NY
Chris McLoughlin, NJ
Patty Moriarity Morrissey, NY
Niall Mulligan, NY
Sean O'Brien, Canada
Pender – Keady Feis 2015– Reminders
1. It is against the law in the state of Connecticut to smoke ANYWHERE on the
grounds of a school. You cannot smoke outside the building unless you cross the
street off the property. We appreciate your cooperation with this State Law.
2. There is no food or drinks allowed anywhere in the school except in the cafeteria. Please respect this school rule so we will be invited back to this venue again next year!
3. Parking at Saxe Middle School is limited, however there is ample parking across the street at New Canaan High School and South school. If you make a left on Farm Rd., New Canaan HS is immediately on the left and South School is on your right. If you can’t park at Saxe, please park in the HS or South school. There will be police officers directing traffic so if you are unsure of where to park, ask.
4. The tables in the cafeteria will be designated as eating only or camping only Please do not “camp” in the eating areas or eat in the camping areas. We are aiming to protect your belongings and dresses from damage should something be spilled on them. Personal belongings found on top of an eating table will be removed by the committee.
5. There will be designated, monitored Dress Sale Room. If you wish to leave your dress for sale, there is a charge of $5 per dress. Any dresses that are for sale should be dropped off with the Dress Sale Coordinator in the Dress Sale Room and no where else. Dresses found hanging throughout the building will be removed by the committee and left at the entries table.
6. The school locker rooms will be open and available, please take advantage of this for changing.
7. There will be a designated practice area. There can be no dancing in hard shoes on the marble floors of the hallways.
8. The committee reserves the right to start ahead of schedule if able to, so please be ready for your competition ½ an hour before the scheduled start time.
9. We fully intend to start the feis promptly at 8:45am. If you are the first competition of the day, you must be ready and lined up at 8:45am, we will not be able to wait for anyone.
10. Absolutely no dance changes for prelim and open will be allowed on the day of the feis.
Thank you all for your
cooperation, best of luck to all competitors!
*****The Pender-Keady Academy will be holding a food drive to help restock
the food pantry of the Person-To-Person agency located in Darien, Connecticut.
We will be collecting breakfast food items including hot and cold cereals,
pancake mix and syrup, Parmalat milk and 100% fruit juice. Other non-perishable
non-breakfast items are welcome too. Thank you for helping us support our local
- Feis Prelim_open Stage schedule
- Feis Stage Schedule
- FEIS MAP 2015
- Feis Vendors 2015
FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL FEISANNA IN 2015 PLEASE CLICK BELOW:
2015 - http://www.northamericanfeiscommission.org/2015_NAFC_FEIS_SCHEDULE.html